1. Contest Period: The Zombie Horror Picture Show Challenge (the "Contest") begins at 12:01 a.m. Eastern Time ("ET") on June 10, 2014 and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. ET on July 10, 2014 (the "Contest Period"). Sponsor's computer is the official time keeping device for this Contest.
2. Eligibility: The Contest is open only to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia, who are 13 years of age or older as of date of Entry. Employees of Universal Music Enterprises and Crave Online (collectively, "Sponsor"), Zuus, and any of their respective parent and affiliate companies as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible for the Contest. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws.
3. How to Enter the Contest: During the Contest Period, you may enter the Contest by visiting www.zombiehorrorpictureshow.com ("Website"). You may then register and submit your original horror short (the "Entry" or "Entry Materials" or "Video"). The person uploading the Entry must be the creator of the Video and will be deemed the entrant (the "Entrant"). By entering, you understand and agree that your Entry in its entirety or any portion thereof may (in Sponsor's sole discretion) be posted on the Website or used in an epic fan video compilation that will be posted on Sponsor-selected websites and other media channels, in Sponsor's sole discretion. Limit one (1) Entry per person/email address. Each Entrant attests that he/she has made all those depicted in the Entry (or parent/legal guardian for any person depicted who is a minor) aware that he/she is submitting an Entry containing them in this Contest, and all depicted (or parent/legal guardian for any person depicted who is a minor) have agreed that Entrant may submit such Entry. Further, the Entrant who is selected as the Grand Prize winner will need to obtain a Release from those depicted in their Entry, if applicable (or the parent/legal guardian of any minors depicted) prior to being confirmed as an official winner. All Entries must be completed and submitted by 11:59 p.m. ET on July 10, 2014 to be eligible. Normal Internet access and usage charges imposed by Entrants' online service provider will apply.
4. Entry Requirements: In order to be entered into the Contest, Entrants must comply with the registration instructions set forth at the Website when submitting their Entry. The Video must be in one of the following formats: .mpg, .mov, .avi, .wmv, .flv, or rm; must be under 200 MB, and must be no longer than 3 minutes total in length. If Entry exceeds 3 minutes in length, only the first 3 minutes will be judged. The Entry may not contain overly obscene, lewd or inappropriate images or text, including without limitation nudity, acts that are illegal, as determined in Sponsor's sole discretion. If the Entry contains music, it must be owned by the Entrant or the Entrant must have permission to use the music and be able to show evidence of such permission upon request by Sponsor. Any Entry Material or portion thereof that is, in the Sponsor's sole discretion, obscene, profane, lewd, defamatory, or otherwise violates or infringes (or may infringe) any copyright (including music) or other proprietary right of any person, living or deceased, or entity (including but not limited to rights of privacy or publicity or portrayal in a false light), or is otherwise objectionable, will not be considered and may disqualify the Entrant. Entries must not contain material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age. Entries must not contain criminal or tortious activity, including but not limited to child pornography, fraud, trafficking of obscene material, drug dealing, drug use, or gambling and must not contain material that is unlawful, in violation of or contrary to all applicable local, state, federal, or international laws and regulations. Entries must not feature beer, distilled spirits (i.e., hard liquor, malt beverages), tobacco products (including cigarettes, cigars, pipe tobacco, chewing tobacco and snuff), prescription drugs, illegal drugs and related drug paraphernalia, lotteries and gambling. Entrants may not copy or otherwise plagiarize the Entry Material from any source (including any portion from any motion pictures). Sponsor has the sole discretion to determine whether a Video qualifies as an Entry.
By submitting an Entry, Entrant (or parent/legal guardian for any minor Entrant) represents and warrants that Entrant's Entry: (a) is wholly original; (b) does not incorporate or include anything without the consent of any third party who has not expressly authorized Entrant to display their image, likeness or voice in the Entry or otherwise use such image, likeness or voice in accordance with these Official Rules; and (c) does not violate any copyright, trademark, publicity right, privacy right, or any other right of any third party.
By submitting an Entry, Entrant (or parent/legal guardian for any minor Entrant) hereby grants the Sponsor, its affiliates, subsidiaries, assigns, licensees, designees and legal representatives the irrevocable, perpetual, worldwide digital and other right to use, reproduce, edit, market, store, distribute, have distributed, publicly and privately display, communicate, publicly and privately perform, transmit, have transmitted, create derivative works based upon, and promote the Entries or excerpts of Entries (as such may be edited and modified by the Sponsor in its sole discretion) for editorial, commercial, promotional and all other purposes (including posting on the Website, Sponsor-affiliated websites, television and/or other Sponsor-selected media). In addition, Entrant (or parent/legal guardian for any minor Entrant) hereby assigns to the Sponsor all right, title, and interest that he/she may be deemed to have in any reproduction, product, or derivative work using or incorporating the Entry. Entrant further agrees to waive any moral rights in and to the Entry. Automated, script, macro or robotic Entries submitted by individuals or organizations will be disqualified. Any Entry deemed inappropriate or unsuitable or in bad taste in Sponsor's sole discretion will be disqualified and may be removed from the Website at any time. Any Entry not in compliance with the above and which does not meet the requirements of these Official Rules and those of the Website will be disqualified. Videos must be in keeping with Sponsor's image and may not be offensive, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. In such an event, the Video will not be posted online and will be disqualified from the Contest. All Entries submitted become the property of the Sponsor and will not be returned. No information regarding Entries or judging, other than as otherwise set forth in the Official Rules, will be disclosed.
5. Judging to Determine the Grand Prize Winner: Eligible Entries will be judged by a Sponsor-selected panel of judges ("Judges"), based on the following criteria: Originality and Creativity (40%); Best Visual Effects (30%); and Video Quality (30%). In the event of a tie, tied Entries will be re-judged based on the same criteria listed above and the Grand Prize winner will be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Entrants agree to the Official Rules and to the decisions of the Judges, which shall be final and binding in all respects.
6. Prize: One (1) Grand Prize winner will have his/her video featured on Rob Zombie's website and Facebook page (and possibly on other Sponsor-specified websites) for a Sponsor-specified amount of time. There is no retail value associated with the prize and winner will not receive any compensation or royalties for use of Entry.
7. General Rules: Potential Grand Prize winner (or parent/legal guardian if winner is a minor) will be notified initially by email. If the potential Grand Prize winner (or his/her parent/legal guardian if a minor) is not reachable at the e-mail address provided and a forwarding e-mail address is not made available or if prize notification is returned as undeliverable, then the prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner may be determined in accordance with these Official Rules. Potential Grand Prize winner (or parent/legal guardian if a minor) will then be required to print out, sign and return via mail/email an Affidavit of Eligibility, liability/publicity release (except where prohibited by law) and an assignment of rights within three (3) days of notification attempt or an alternate winner may be determined in accordance with these Official Rules. Return of any prize or prize notification as undeliverable may result in forfeiture of prize and disqualification and alternate determination in accordance with these Official Rules. The Sponsor and its agencies are not responsible for technical, hardware, software or telephone malfunctions of any kind, lost, not received or unavailable network connections or e-mail, or failed, incorrect, incomplete, inaccurate, garbled or delayed electronic communications caused by the user or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest or by any human error which may occur in the processing of the Entries in the Contest or for any liability for damage to any computer system resulting from participation in, accessing or downloading information in connection with the Contest. The Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual that tampers or attempts to tamper with the Entry process or the operation of the Contest; violates the Official Rules; or acts in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor's failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. If, for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of the Sponsor which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Contest, then the Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel the Contest and determine the Contest winner from among all eligible Entries received prior to cancellation based on the judging criteria listed above in Rule #5).
8. Dispute Resolution: Except where prohibited, by participating, each Entrant (and parent/legal guardian if a minor) agrees that: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation, and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of participant(s) and Sponsor and its agents shall be governed by and construed exclusively in accordance with the laws of the State of New Jersey without giving effect to any principles of conflicts of law of any jurisdiction. Each Entrant (and parent/legal guardian if a minor) agrees that any action at law or in equity arising out of or relating to this Contest, or awarding of the prize, shall be filed only in the state or federal courts located in the State of New Jersey and Entrant hereby consents and submits to the personal jurisdiction of such courts for the purposes of litigating any such action. Except where prohibited, by participating in this Contest, each Entrant (and parent/legal guardian if a minor) agrees that: (a) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, or awarding of the prize, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; and (b) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with participating in this Contest but in no event attorneys' fees; and (c) under no circumstances will any participant be permitted to obtain awards for and hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. Some jurisdictions do not allow the limitations or exclusion of liability for incidental or consequential damages, so the above may not apply to you.
9. Release: By entering the Contest, each Entrant (and parent/legal guardian if a minor) represents and warrants that: (i) all rights to the Entry belong to and are original to him/her, or he/she has written consent to use, and the Entry does not and shall not infringe on any copyright, trademark, privacy, publicity, or any other third party right nor violate any applicable law or regulation, (ii) he/she has the right to grant any and all necessary rights and licenses provided herein, including without limitation, all necessary copyright and other related rights to the Entry, free and clear of all claims and encumbrances without violating the rights of any person or entity, including any right to privacy or publicity, (iii) he/she hereby holds the Sponsor and the Released Parties (defined below) harmless from and against any third party claim arising from use of the Entry and waives any right to inspect or approve uses of the Entry or to be compensated for any such uses. Participating in the Contest constitutes permission to the Sponsor and its agencies to use Entrants' biographical information, pictures/portraits, likenesses and/or voices and Entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law. By participating in the Contest, each Entrant (and parent/legal guardian if a minor) agrees that Sponsor, its parent, subsidiaries, affiliated companies, agents, retailers, advertising and promotion agencies, and all of their respective shareholders, officers, directors, employees and assigns, members, representatives and agents (collectively the "Released Parties"), will have no liability whatsoever for, and will be held harmless by entrant for any liability for any bodily injury, loss or damages of any kind to persons, including death, and property, due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from Entry creation (if applicable), the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of prize, if applicable or participation in the Contest or participation in any Contest or related activity. Each Entrant (and parent/legal guardian if a minor) hereby represents and warrants that he/she has read these Official Rules and is fully familiar with its contents.
11. Sponsors: The Sponsors of the Contest are Universal Music Enterprises, 2220 Colorado Ave, Santa Monica, CA 90404 and Crave Online, 5140 Goldleaf Circle, 1st Floor, Los Angeles, CA 90056.